- Crank up the AC. While it may not be too easy on your air conditioning bill for moving day, it will definitely be easier on you. If you don’t have air conditioning, you might want to invest in a couple of fans so you and your movers don’t overheat.
- Hydrate. Seriously. Water is definitely an important component of summer moving. Stay away from soda or beer on moving day because these actually dehydrate you.
- Dress comfortably. Wear comfy, loose-fitting clothes that can breathe as you move around. It’s also important to wear light colors. Dark colors will just absorb more sunlight, forcing you to overheat.
- Take a break. While you probably want to get your moving process done as soon as possible, a couple half hour breaks go a long way. Make sure you rest every once in a while so you don’t overexert yourself.
- Find a cheap spray bottle. Filling a spray bottle with ice water feels amazing and keeps you cool in that blazing sun. For extra cooling power, you can also freeze wet towels to put on your neck.
For the coolest summer move, trust Kansas City’s residential moving professionals: Kings Moving & Storage. Call us to get started or fill out our online form for your free moving estimate today!
Subscribe to Kings Moving & Storage's Blog